Wednesday, February 2, 2011

The Blizzard of Oz

Today is day 3 of being in the middle of winter hell.  Monday we had icey rain that kept me from going to work. Tuesday brought about a lot of snow and today is supposed to be so far beyond cold it's not even funny and winds blowing a gale.  The last two days both of us have been home.  Here are some photos of me out measuring the snow.

This was at 3 in the afternoon Tuesday. 7 inches of snow.  This is from my iPhone so not a great quality but it gets the point across.

When I headed out three hours later the hubs decided to go out and document that one. 

IMG_6473-Mel measures up -010211
This is me with my tools, a yard stick, cell phone, and my mini LED light.  He had the larger one on the camera.  I must have be crazy.


IMG_6474-Mel measures up -010211

Here is the total at 6:00 PM 9 inches.  I didn't head back out again after this.

On that last outing I was doing my 3 measurements, that is what the weather guys tell you to do, and at one point the hubs asked if we could go in and just measure the line on his jeans.  :)  Well on my short legs it was up to my knees.  It snowed until almost midnight here.  Let's just say I'm tired of the snow.  I want to get out of the house.

You can see the rest of the photos he took here http://www.flickr.com/photos/lightweaver1/sets/72157625957628440/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...