Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Iron Craft Week #3 - Photo Bunting

First off I'm sorry for slacking the last couple of days.  I haven't been able to sit in my chair long enough to write.  But I'm BBBBAAACCCKKKK!!  So now on to what this post is really about.

I spoke last week about joining Iron Craft.  It's like Iron Chef for crafters.  Which is right up my alley.  This week's challenge is bunting.  Not up my alley. :(  Not sure what bunting is?


It's cute but it's not my style.  So I was struggling with what to do.  I didn't want to miss out on the challenge so I had to come up with something that was my style. So this is what I made:

20110118-IMG_3655

I think it's cute.  It was quick, easy, and best of all cheap!  So let's look at how I did it.

First up the supplies you need:
20110118-IMG_3654

  • hammer (on hand)
  • crochet thread (on hand)
  • scissors (on hand)
  • nails (on hand)
  • photos (on hand)
  • clips ($1.00 for 5 at Dollar Tree, I used two packs)
  • Grand Total $2.00

Now let's get to crafting.  

First thing I did was hammer the nails into the wall.  Then I tied the thread between the two.  I tried to take a picture of this part but it wouldn't show up, the thread was too close to my wall color.  Tie it tight, no slack in the thread.  I tried it first with some slack and the photos just ran to the center.  Then start clipping your photos on to the thread.

20110118-IMG_3656

Things I learned during this project:
  • Slack in the tread is a huge no-no
  • The lighting in the room that I did it in SUCKS!  It's going to be my crafts room so this has to be changed!
  • Bunting doesn't have to be kitchy-cute.
  • Use alligator clips and doll them up when hanging the photos.
What I like best about this project:
  • It was quick.  Seriously it took like five minutes to put up.
  • It was cheap!  I had the photos stuck in an album where no one saw them.  Even if I had printed some the photos would have been about a dollar.
  • I can change the photos out when ever I want to. 

What do you guys think?  Going to try it yourself?  If so be sure to share the link with us on Friday!!

Posted At:


  

 Photobucket







 

3 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...